Recap On Ron's Birthday Party


I am pleased to report that Ron’s 30th birthday party extravaganza was a smashing success.  So many people attended to help us celebrate this momentous occasion.  I have heard that many folks had a good time.  I was a bit overwhelmed, as I always am in large crowds, and did my best to circulate and socialize and take pictures.  As a result, the day is a blur to me, but it is a happy blur.  Ron said he had the best birthday he’s ever had.  That was my goal, so I feel like I did good overall.

The day started with our house being flamingo bombed by our friends Laura and Gina.  They also left Ron a swan planter filled with a wide variety of Little Debbie snack cakes.  He was super surprised and really happy at all the fuss being made over him.



My brother came over to hang with Ron while I went to the Kellogg Biological Station to set-up.  Again, Laura met me there with decorations and flair.  She even had a helium tank to blow up balloons that we used as centerpieces.  My friends Kim and Chris were also there to set-up and Kim brought some of the main essentials, such as plates, cups, pop, ice, and even a blow-up cactus to keep beverages cold.  I don’t know where I would have been without Kim and Laura.  They were amazing planners and helped me every step of the way.  We even got extra help setting-up from Ron’s friend Rocky, who drove straight through the night from Cape Cod, cutting his vacation short to be at the party. 

When the guests started showing up, I hurried home to get Ron.  He was a little overwhelmed at first with so many people, but he settled in and ended up having a great time.  It was good to see him visiting with friends he has not had a chance to catch up with in months, if not years.  He had many family members there, too, who were eager to talk to him.  And the people in my life to whom Ron has also become important were there and supportive.  Everyone brought delicious food and Gina and Laura brought a phenomenal cake.  We didn’t really have any planned activities, other than my brother, father, and our friend Dan playing a little music.  It was just a chance for friends and family from near and far to hang out and enjoy talking to one another while celebrating 30 years of Ron Clark being alive.  The weather was not super cooperative, so we spent most of our time inside and missed out on the beautiful grounds overlooking the lake.  Still, rain did not dampen the spirits. 

I think pictures speak louder than words.  So, I invite those of you not on Facebook to check out the pictures here.  Or, if you were at the party and think you might want to order a pic or two, you can go to my Snapfish album here.  

So, this is the party recap - no major details, since, as I said, it was a blur to me.  I plan to post soon to give an update as to where Ron and I are at.  Things are starting to look up financially, thanks to support from others, and I am feeling more stable and less overwhelmed with it all.  Again, many thanks to those who have helped us out, including the numerous birthday party attendees who included gifts of support for both of us in their cards for Ron.  We really just wanted to throw a party and not have people feel like they needed to give, but for those who found this as the moment to do so, we appreciate it.  Many thanks!  And many thanks all around to the WONDERFUL people who came out to celebrate.  You made Ron's day (and therefore mine, too)!


Comments